LIVING IN ST. LOUIS
Whether you call it “River City,” “Gateway City” or “Baseball Heaven,” St. Louis has something for everyone. Washington University and Olin are located in a suburb of St. Louis, next to the city’s largest park. Watch Here is St. Louis to preview more attractions. (Video courtesy of Anastasis Films)
- 21 Fortune 1000 company headquarters
- 2.8 million residents
- No. 1 in lowest cost of living among the nation’s 20 largest metropolitan areas (Read more about housing options.)
- 37 stations in the MetroLink light-rail system connecting the airport, Washington University, downtown St. Louis and beyond
St. Louis is home to four of the nation’s leading brokerage firms, making it a financial hub of the Midwest. It's the headquarters for nearly two dozen Fortune 1000 companies, nine of which are in the Fortune 500, including Express Scripts Inc., Anheuser-Busch, Brown Shoe Co Inc. and Solutia Inc.
These corporations hire our graduates, sponsor students in our executive programs, provide guest speakers, consult with faculty and provide financial support.
We're minutes away from recreational facilities, including art and history museums, City Garden, a science center, a skating rink, and a world-class zoo and symphony orchestra. St. Louis boasts Major League sports teams, as well as great restaurants, shopping, music and nightlife.
- Forest Park, (one of 100 parks in the area), which is 500 acres larger than Central Park
- 120 miles of of paved bikeways
- 11 professional sports teams, including our Cardinals baseball, Blues hockey and Rams football teams
- 116 stars on the St. Louis Walk of Fame in the Delmar Loop
A free shuttle service is available between the campus and most of the areas frequented by students, including nearby shopping centers. Students also receive a free Metro pass good for transportation on the MetroLink light-rail system and MetroBus routes.
It's also easy to get around by car. Campus parking permits are available as daily, monthly or annual passes; registered students may purchase annual permits online. Daily and monthly permits may be purchased at the campus bookstore.