In many organizations, each brand or product is managed as an independent business with a brand manager having profit and loss responsibility. While brand managers generally focus on consumer marketing efforts, they are also responsible for coordinating all aspects of the business: research and development, manufacturing, distribution, pricing, advertising and promotion, market research, and business and sales analysis.
Olin suggests a marketing curriculum that you might find useful if you plan a career in brand management. We believe that maximum value can be derived from the brand management concentration by pursuing the primary electives and then supplementing those with additional suggested electives.
Download PDF of Marketing foundation courses and concentrations.
- Platform Director: Professor Chakravarthi Narasimhan, Philip L. Siteman Professor of Marketing
- WCC Career Advisor: Anne Peterson
- MBA Programs Liaison: Laura Fogarty
- Club/Organization: Olin Marketing Association
- Credit Requirements: 20 or 21.5 credits (9.5 foundation, 9 concentration, 1.5 or 3 experiential learning)