We want to make the process easy for you and ask that you review and follow the online instructions carefully.
the following to complete your application:
- An Olin application is comprised of academic transcripts, standardized test scores, essay, and a résumé.
- Academic transcripts – From all colleges or universities you have attended, regardless of whether you obtained a degree, including any graduate or professional coursework. Transcripts should include all coursework taken with corresponding grades and any transcript instructions/descriptions provided by the institution. International students must submit transcripts in the original language and English translation.
Submit by electronic upload into the online application (2 MB maximum) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
if the file is larger than 2MB.
- GMAT or GRE Test Score – Olin requires either the GMAT or GRE, up to five years old. The GMAT institution code for MSF is R4T-WG-53. The GRE institution code is 4938. For GMAT information or registration, go to www.mba.com.
- TOEFL or IELTS (Academic Format) is required if your native language is not English. The TOEFL institution code for Washington University in St. Louis is 6929 (department code 02 – Graduate Schools of Management). IELTS should be searched by school name.
You may qualify for a waiver if the following applies: (1) you have completed an undergraduate degree at a college or university where the primary medium of instruction is English; and (2) you have taken a minimum of three years of coursework at this institution.
NOTE: The TOEFL or IELTS is not required for U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. If you are eligible for a waiver, please do not submit your TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Video Submission Requirement for International Students –
NOTE: If you are eligible for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver, you are not required to submit a video and will not receive instructions for video submission.
International applicants must submit a video to assess English language skills as part of the application process unless you are eligible for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver as outlined above. Once an applicant selects TOEFL or IELTS to enter on the application, a unique URL link will be sent to the applicant's email address, within two to four hours, with instructions outlining the video submission process. The video interview consists of practice questions and four to six interview questions.
Submit your unofficial standardized test scores by electronic upload into the online application. If you experience difficulties uploading your documents email us at email@example.com.
- Essay – One is required. There is also an optional essay.
- Résumé – We recommend, and prefer, one page. For those whose achievements and professional experiences are bountiful (10-plus years), two pages are acceptable.
- Application Fee – The application fee is $100, and payment can be made with a credit card.
We do not require, nor do we review, letters of recommendation as a part of the application to this program.
Please do not send application or financial documents by post as this may delay the application processing.
If you are accepted for admission, you will be requested to submit official transcripts and test scores at that time.
Upon review of completed applications in an application cycle, the Admissions Committee will determine which applicants are eligible for an invitation-only interview. Most interviews are conducted via Skype; however, if you are located close to Washington University’s campus you may have the option to interview in person. The format of your interview does not affect the final outcome of your application.
Olin Business School
Washington University in St. Louis
Campus Box 1156
One Brookings Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63130-4899
Information for Reapplicants
If you have previously submitted an application to an Olin graduate program prior to August 1, 2012, you should create and submit an entirely new application. If you have submitted an application to an Olin graduate program on or after August 1, 2012, you should not create a new application. Rather, you should proceed as follows:
- Log in to your online application using your original User Name and Password.*
- Under Application for Admission, click the “View Application” button. If you instead see an “Edit Application” button, this means that you have not previously submitted an application to Olin and you will not be able to access the Reapplication Section.
- Click the “Reapplication Section” link on the left sidebar.
- Review the instructions at the top of the page.
* If you do not have this information, contact us at Olin-Hobsons@email.wustl.edu with “Reapplication Assistance” in the subject line. Provide your first name, last name, and date of birth.