the following to complete your application:
- An Olin application is comprised of academic transcripts, standardized test scores, statement of purpose, and a résumé.
- Academic transcripts – From all colleges or universities you have attended, regardless of whether you obtained a degree, including any graduate or professional coursework. Transcripts should include all coursework taken with corresponding grades and any transcript instructions/descriptions provided by the institution.
Submit by electronic upload into the online application (2 MB maximum) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TOEFL or IELTS (Academic Format) is required if your native language is not English. The TOEFL institution code for Washington University in St. Louis is 6929. IELTS should be search by school name. You may qualify for a waiver if: (1) you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university where the primary medium of instruction is English, or (2) you have completed at least two or more years of study at a college or university in a country where the primary language is English.
International applicants who do not qualify for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver, must submit a LikeLive video to assess English skills, as part of the application process (Essay – SMP section of the application).
Note: The TOEFL or IELTS is not required for U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
Submit your unofficial standardized test scores by electronic upload into the online application. If you experience difficulties uploading your documents email us at email@example.com
- Statement of Purpose – Rather than asking you for an assorted series of short essay responses, we require that you submit one comprehensive personal statement regarding your interest in the program and your personal and professional aspirations. We believe that this relatively open-ended requirement will allow you to more fully express your candidacy for our program.
- A comprehensive résumé or CV.
- Application Fee – The application fee is $100, and payment can be made with a credit card.
We do not require, nor do we review, letters of recommendation as a part of the application to this program.
Please do not send application or financial documents by post as this may delay the application processing.
If you are accepted for admission, you will be requested to submit official transcripts and test scores at that time.
Upon review of completed applications in an application cycle, the Admissions Committee will determine which applicants are eligible for an invitation-only interview. Most interviews are conducted via Skype; however, if you are located close to Washington University’s campus you may have the option to interview in person. The format of your interview does not affect the final outcome of your application.
Information for Re-applicants If you have previously submitted an application to any Olin graduate program, do not create a new application. Rather, if you wish to reapply to an Olin degree program, please proceed as follows:
1. Enter your online application account using your original User Name and Password.
2. Click on the “Application for Admission” link.
3. Use the “Reapplication Access” link on the left to request access to the reapplication section.
4. Once you submit/save this request, a “Reapplication Section” link will appear on the left.
5. Click on the “Reapplication Section” link. You may then proceed with filling out the reapplication. Clicking the “Save” button on the bottom of the page will result in the submission of your reapplication.