Certificate in Policy Strategy
With this curriculum, you can advise your organization on how to craft, or react to, policy changes.
When are policy changes likely, and what might they be? Opportunities for shaping policy appear and disappear quickly. Nimble organizations have an advantage in responding to these changes and even in helping to shape these policies.
Brookings Executive Education’s (BEE) unique credential, the Certificate in Policy Strategy (CPS), will help you understand when windows of opportunity for changing policy are likely to open, as well as which policy changes are likely to be feasible.
The CPS does not have a rigid timeline—start when it is most convenient for you, and finish as budgets allow. The CPS is open to government managers and executives ranked GS13-SES (or military equivalent)as well as to mid-level and senior managers from nonprofits, associations, and corporations.
Twenty days of Brookings Executive Education (BEE) courses are required to earn a CPS. Four required courses, three elective courses, and two one-day policy courses underpin this curriculum.
Required Courses include:
Elective Courses include:
Policy Courses include:
These are based on the course Politics and Policymaking, which must be taken first. They are topical and include:
- Enhanced analytical and political skills that should benefit your career and agency or home organization
- Interaction with Brookings scholars, analysts, authors and opinion leaders who shape America’s future
- Invitations to special seminars and functions as a Brookings Executive Associate
- A unique credential from a world-renowned public policy and research organization
- Program content matched to a range of career levels and skill sets
- A flexible timeframe that enables participants to study as their time and budget allow
You must register to participate in the Certificate program. You may receive credit for prior courses attended within a two-year period prior to enrollment. To register or to obtain more information, contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org