The Center supports:
- Seminar series in which both internal and external research are presented.
- Short-term visitor's programs in which researchers from other domestic or international institutions spend short periods (e.g., one week) at Olin.
- Research assistance, including PhD student funding, or data collection beyond what would normally be funded by faculty research resources.
- Interaction between the faculty and MBA/BSBA students by, e.g., naming top-performing students CRES Fellows and supporting their assisting, or in some way participating in, with faculty research projects.
- Dissemination of research through a Center Web site.
1-6 is not an exhaustive list. Innovative ways to promote high-quality research are encouraged. The Center specifically encourages groups of faculty to develop theme-based projects spanning one or two years and encompassing elements of 1-6. For example, a group of faculty could explore a topic from several angles or several related topics, invite a collection of seminar speakers currently working on these topics, host several short-term visitors and conclude with a conference. These activities would be intended to support the faculty authoring a number of high-quality research papers.