To operate effectively in the world marketplace, you must understand cultures and customs different from your own. Olin affords you opportunities to broaden your global perspective through a variety of courses and international study options.
We offer exchange programs in England, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, and Spain. Some last three weeks. For a longer-term experience, you can choose a one-semester exchange program that matches your interests and language skills.
- At the Manchester Business School in England, you attend classes with students from Europe, Asia and the Americas; learn from the British business curriculum; and get work experience with local businesses.
- For those interested in studying in Hong Kong, Olin offers two opportunities. The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology is for students interested in international business from an Asian perspective and all classes are taught in English. At Chinese University of Hong Kong, students can study courses in all areas of business including Chinese Business and Entrepreneurship.
- At the WHU-Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management in Koblenz, Germany you can study in a two-week summer program on international business, which typically takes place in May. WHU-Koblenz offers a full semester experience as well.
- If you are interested in studying in France, we offer two programs. You can attend a two-week or semester long program at the Universite Paris-Dauphine in Paris or a full semester program at the École Management de Lyon (EM Lyon) in Lyon France.
- The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM) is for students interested in graduate management education. Classes are taught in English.
MBAs Without Borders, a division of the Citizens Development Corps, is a nonprofit, private volunteer organization founded in 1990 by a consortium of leading U.S. business schools. Since its inception, the program has expanded from 16 to 52 participating schools. It places MBA graduates from participating schools in positions with private companies in countries with emerging economies.
You may apply only as a second-year student or recent graduate. If selected, you begin a language training and orientation program in July and start your 12-month assignment in October. To date, more than 1,000 Corps members have provided management and technology assistance in four continents.