|William C. Finnie
Adjunct Professor of Strategy
- "Marketing Trends" Columnist, St. Louis Business Journal
- Executive Editor, Real World Strategist
- Editor-in-Chief, Planning Review
- Editor, Contributing Editor, Strategy & Leadership
- Article of the Year - "Leading the Revolution: An Interview with Gary Hamel", Strategy & Leadership, 2001
- Teacher of the Year, Professional MBA Program, 1996
Professor Finnie and his wife, Glenda, who have two grown sons, enjoy travel, bridge, and movies.
Professor Finnie has taught strategic consulting, business strategy, and marketing strategy to second-year M.B.A.s since 1978. During his career with Anheuser-Busch from 1965 to 1991, he conducted a majority of its more complex marketing analysis projects. He also directed market research as A-B entered the segmentation & positioning era, issues management in government affairs when these threats were at the highest level since Prohibition and non-financial strategic planning in corporate planning in 1985-91. Since 1992, he has facilitated 89 major strategic planning projects and 15 marketing strategy projects. He is author of Hands-On Strategy: The Guide to Crafting Your Company's Future (2nd. ed., 2000). He has written 15 "These Are the Rules" columns in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch since 2004. Strategy & Leadership has also published his major interviews with Russell Ackoff, Jim Collins, C.K. Prahalad, Frederick Reichheld, Thomas Stewart, and David Ulrich.
Phone: (314) 935-8543
PhD 1970, University of Pennsylvania
BS 1966, Washington University