|Radhakrishnan (Radha) Gopalan
Associate Professor of Finance
Area of Expertise:
Corporate Governance, Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship, Law and Economics
Corporate finance - corporate governance, emerging market financial systems, mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring and entrepreneurial finance.
View More Publications
- "Affiliated Firms and Financial Support: Evidence from Indian Business Groups", Journal of Finance Economics, with V. Nanda, A. Seru
- "Market Liquidity, Investor Participation and Managerial Autonomy: Why do Firms Go Private?", Journal of Finance, Issue 4, 2013-2059, with A. Thakor, A. Boot, 2008
- "The Entrepreneurâ€˜s Choice Between Private and Public Ownership", Journal of Finance, Issue 2, 803-836, with A. Thakor, A. Boot, 2006
- "Large Shareholder Trading and Takeovers: The Disciplinary Role of Voting With Your Feet",
- "Do Business Groups Use Dividends to Fund Investments", , with V. Nanda, A. Seru
- Referee, Journal of Financial Intermediation
- Discussant, Western Finance Association Meeting (2006), Colorado; Asian Corporate Governance Institute Conference (2005), Seoul; Financial Management Association Meeting (2004), New Orleans; Global Finance Conference (2004), Las Vegas
- Emeriti Faculty Award, University of Michigan, 2006
- Mitsui Emerging Market Fellowship, 2003-04 and 2004-05, 2005
- Rodkey Fellowship, 2001-05, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, 2005
- Allan Gilmore fellowship, 2004
Professor Gopalan enjoys running, listening to music and spending time with his family.
Professor Gopalan joined Olin in 2006 after graduating from the University of Michigan. Prior to his Ph.D., he worked for five years in the project finance department of a leading Indian bank. He researches issues in theoretical and empirical corporate finance. Specifically he examines questions related to a firm's choice between public and private ownership, the benefits of a business group structure in emerging economies and about firm-bank relationships and the syndicated loan market.
Radhakrishnan (Radha) Gopalan's Home Page
Phone: (314) 935-9196
PhD 2006, University of Michigan
MBA 1996, Indian Institute of Management
B.E. 1994, Annamalai University