Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior
Affective dynamics in groups; group dynamics and change over time.
View More Publications
- "Group Affect", The Oxford Handbook of Work Attitudes and Affect, with S. Barsade, 2013
- "Shared Attention Increases and Mood Infusion", Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, with G. Shteynberg, J. Hirsh, A. Galinsky, 2013
- "But Affirmative Action Hurts Us! Race-related Beliefs Shape Perceptions of White Disadvantage and Policy Unfairness", Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, with G. Shteynberg, L. Leslie, D. Mayer, 2011
- "When Team Members' Values Differ: The Moderating Effects of Team Leadership", Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, with K. Klein, J. Ziegert, B. Lim, J. Saltz, 2011
- "Impact of Preoperative Briefings on Operating Room Delays: A Preliminary Report", Archives of Surgery, 1068-1072, with S. Nundy, A. Mukherjee, J. Sexton, P. Pronovost, L. Rown, M. Duncan, D. Syin, M. Makary, 2008
- "Dynamic Delegation: Hierarchical, Shared and Deinvidiualized Leadership In Extreme Action Teams", Administrative Science Quarterly, 590-621, with K. Klein, J. Ziegert, Y. Xiao, 2006
- "Variation in Caregiver Perceptions of Teamwork Climate in Labor and Delivery Units", Journal of Perinatology, 463-470, with J. Sexton, C. Holzmueller, P. Pronovost, E. Thomas, S. McFerran, J. Nunes, D. Thompson, D. Penning, H. Fox, 2006
- "Teamwork in the Operating Room: Frontline Perspectives Among Hospitals and Operating Room Personnel", Anesthesiology, 877-884, with J. Sexton, C. Holzmueller, P., 2006
- "Innovation Implementation: Overcoming the Challenge", Current Directions in Psychological Science, 243-246, with K. Klein, 2005
- ASQ Award for Scholarly Contribution for "Dynamic Delegation", Administrative Science Quarterly, 2012
- Best Paper Based on a Disseration, Academy of Management Organizational Behavior Division, 2011
- Graduate Fellowship for Teaching Excellence, University of Pennsylvania, 2006
- Penn Prize for Excellence in Teaching by Graduate Students, University of Pennsylvania, 2006
Playing and listening to music.
Prior to joining Olin in 2010, Professor Knight was a founding member of a healthcare analytics firm, leading its Research and Development function.
Andrew Knight's Home Page
Andrew Knight's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-3366
PhD 2009, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
MA 2004, University of Maryland
BA 2002, University of Dayton