Director of the Center for Experiential Learning, Senior Associate Dean-Special Projects and Myron Northrop Professor of Accounting
Area of Expertise:
Financial Reporting, Regulation
Experiential learning and the role of the modern business school.
View More Publications
- "The PCAOB Meets the Constitution: The Supreme Court to Decide on PCAOB's Conformity with the Separation Powers Doctrine & Appointments Clause", Accounting Horizons, 2010
- "Mandatory Disclosure of the Engagement Partner's Identity: Potential Benefits and Unintended Consequences", Accounting Horizons, with S. Davis, N. Mintchik, 2012
- "Why Care About China's Reporting System", Financial Executive, with M. Ren, 2012
- CPA, (Missouri - Inactive)
- Founder's Day Distinguished Faculty Award, Washington University, 2012
- BSBA Reid Teaching Award, 1987 and 1988, Washington University
- EMBA Reid Teaching Award, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, Washington University
Professor King enjoys backpacking, listening to heavy metal music, tennis, and bicycling. He is married to Monica and they have two children, Bracken and Tyler (both Washington University alums).
Ron is the Myron Northrop Professor of Accounting at the Olin Business School. He is also Director of the Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) where he coordinates the Center's five primary programs, including CEL Practicums, Taylor Community Consulting Projects, Board Fellows, CEL entrepreneur consulting team (CELect), and Global Management Studies. In addition, Ron serves as Senior Associate Dean for Special Projects.
Ron's teaching interest is in the area of financial accounting. He has taught in Olin's BSBA, MBA, PMBA, SMP, EMBA, EMBA-Shanghai programs, and Washington University's JD program. His current research interests are in the area of teaching and learning.
He is active in the St. Louis start-up community and is currently a board member of Yurbuds (a consumer electronics start-up), an angel investor, and a business consultant.
Ron King's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-6385
PhD 1986, University of Arizona